Webinar: Linking After-School Program Participation with Latino Youth’s Obesity and Physical Fitness Outcomes
The California School Boards Association and the John W. Gardner Center for Youth and Their Communities (JGC) at Stanford University invite you to attend a Webinar at 11 a.m. central time today on new research linking after-school program participation with Latino youth’s obesity and physical fitness outcomes.
As part of Salud America! The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Research Network to Prevent Obesity Among Latino Children, Dr. Rebecca London and JGC are working with community partners in Redwood City, Calif., and the CSBA to understand the effects of participating in a variety of after-school programs on Latino and other students’ obesity and physical fitness outcomes.
In the Webinar, JGC staff will present research results and share and discuss the implications of the study.
To join the Webinar, at 11 a.m. central time today:
- Visit http://csba.na4.acrobat.com/youth/
- Choose the option “Enter as Guest,” type in your name and click the “Enter Room” button
- To hear the audio portion of the webinar, please dial toll-free number (US/Canada): (866-910-4857)
- Enter meeting code: 9821176#
Read more about Dr. London and other Salud America! pilot research here.
- Video: Creating a Culture of Health
- Video: Philadelphia Bodegas Add Healthier Foods
- Research: Latino Neighborhoods Badly Need Healthier, Affordable Food Options
- Infographic: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Videos: Latino Students Aspire to Health Careers
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids