WATCH: Webinars Tackle Latino Child Fitness, Nutrition & More
The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and PreventObesity.net have teamed up for a webinar series on Latino obesity issues.
Register here for the third webinar, “Physical Activity in Communities and Schools: The Impact on Latino Childhood Obesity,” at 2 p.m. EST Sept. 14, 2011.
You can also watch recordings of the first webinar, “Nutrition in Communities and Schools: What is at Stake for Latino Children,” and second webinar, “Food Marketing and the Consequences for Latino Children and Youth.”
- Using Peer Mentors to Help Latino Students Deal with Asthma
- Zumba for Kids: ‘Ghostbusters’ and Other New Videos Push Fun Physical Activity
- Study: U.S. Immigration Increases Smoking Among Latinos, Asians
- Video: Working Across Sectors to Solve Obesity
- Study: Immigrant Children Three Times as Likely to Have Low Physical Activity Levels
- A Look at the Future Through Demographics of Kindergarteners
- Infographic: Latinos Suffer More Diabetes, Obesity, Certain Cancers, and Other Conditions
- Study: Many Overweight Children Have Inaccurate Ideas about their Weight
- Local Researcher Wins ‘Making a Different World’ Award
- School Lunches Are Healthier Now…But Do Kids Like Them? Study says Yes.