WATCH: Webinars Tackle Latino Child Fitness, Nutrition & More
The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and PreventObesity.net have teamed up for a webinar series on Latino obesity issues.
Register here for the third webinar, “Physical Activity in Communities and Schools: The Impact on Latino Childhood Obesity,” at 2 p.m. EST Sept. 14, 2011.
You can also watch recordings of the first webinar, “Nutrition in Communities and Schools: What is at Stake for Latino Children,” and second webinar, “Food Marketing and the Consequences for Latino Children and Youth.”
- Profile: A Latina’s Upbringing Helps Her Focus on Improving Latino Health, Fitness
- Salud Hero of the Week: Physician-Leader Turns Rails to Trails
- Study: ‘Big Soda’ Heavily Influenced Media and Debate in Failed Soda Tax Efforts in California
- Latinos Account for 22% of All New HIV Infections in U.S.; Testing Urged
- New Website: How to Grow a Healthy Change for Latino Kids in Your Area and Beyond
- Youth in California Lead Tobacco Regulation Efforts
- NFL and AHA create Mobile Fitness App to Get Youth Moving
- Latino-Serving Corner Stores Get Healthier in Philadelphia
- Report: Data Snapshot Reveals how Reading Proficiency Affects Hispanics
- Study: Malnourishment Present in Healthy Weight Latino Children