WATCH: Webinars Tackle Latino Child Fitness, Nutrition & More
The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and PreventObesity.net have teamed up for a webinar series on Latino obesity issues.
Register here for the third webinar, “Physical Activity in Communities and Schools: The Impact on Latino Childhood Obesity,” at 2 p.m. EST Sept. 14, 2011.
You can also watch recordings of the first webinar, “Nutrition in Communities and Schools: What is at Stake for Latino Children,” and second webinar, “Food Marketing and the Consequences for Latino Children and Youth.”
- Study: Many Overweight Children Have Inaccurate Ideas about their Weight
- Local Researcher Wins ‘Making a Different World’ Award
- School lunches are healthier now – but do kids like them? Study says Yes.
- A Candid Conversation About Childhood Obesity with TEDMED
- San Antonio Researcher Named to U.S. Minority Health Committee
- Study: A Look into Chronic Disease and Hispanics in the U.S.
- How to Tackle Mental Health Issues in Spanish-Speaking Communities
- San Antonio Researcher to Create New Tool to Persuade Latino Men to Get Screened for Colorectal Cancer
- Advances in Sports for Kids, Healthier Food at Meat Markets, and Mobilizing Latina Moms
- Webinar 7/15/14: Why Cultural Competency is Vital to Population Health