WATCH: Webinars Tackle Latino Child Fitness, Nutrition & More
The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and PreventObesity.net have teamed up for a webinar series on Latino obesity issues.
Register here for the third webinar, “Physical Activity in Communities and Schools: The Impact on Latino Childhood Obesity,” at 2 p.m. EST Sept. 14, 2011.
You can also watch recordings of the first webinar, “Nutrition in Communities and Schools: What is at Stake for Latino Children,” and second webinar, “Food Marketing and the Consequences for Latino Children and Youth.”
- Study: Hispanic Stressed Parents Most Likely to Have Obese Kids
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Webinar 11/12/13: How to Build a Program to Help Latinas Deal with Breast Cancer Issues
- ‘Sugar Lowdown’ Campaign Shines Light on Added Sugar Content in Drinks
- Study: Food Marketing Pushes Junk Food to Kids in Guatamala
- Online Workshops Offer Info on Many Cancer Topics
- Video: Examining the Latino Health Paradox
- Spanish Video: A Latino Family’s Experience with Alzheimer’s
- Video: California District Helps Latino Kids Make Healthier Choices at School