WATCH: Webinars Tackle Latino Child Fitness, Nutrition & More
The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and PreventObesity.net have teamed up for a webinar series on Latino obesity issues.
Register here for the third webinar, “Physical Activity in Communities and Schools: The Impact on Latino Childhood Obesity,” at 2 p.m. EST Sept. 14, 2011.
You can also watch recordings of the first webinar, “Nutrition in Communities and Schools: What is at Stake for Latino Children,” and second webinar, “Food Marketing and the Consequences for Latino Children and Youth.”
- Infographic: U.S. Latinos by the Numbers
- Tweetchat Today (9/16): How to Create a ‘Culture of Health’ for Latinos
- Report: Adult Obesity Remains High; Highest among Latinos
- Report: Hispanics Make Up 21% of New HIV/AIDS Infections
- Ranking: The Top 40 Schools for Hispanics
- Why We Can’t Ignore Heart Disease in Hispanics
- Spanish Infographic: How Changing Communities Can Get People Moving
- Using Peer Mentors to Help Latino Students Deal with Asthma
- Zumba for Kids: ‘Ghostbusters’ and Other New Videos Push Fun Physical Activity
- Study: U.S. Immigration Increases Smoking Among Latinos, Asians