VIDEO: Quality P.E. as a Solution to Child Obesity
The childhood obesity epidemic in America is a major problem.
Over the past three decades, childhood obesity rates in America have tripled; and nearly one third of children in America are now overweight or obese.
This video from SPARK San Diego focuses on one of the solutions—getting kids moving in school—and explains why quality physical education (P.E.) can play such an important role in ending this epidemic:
- ‘Sugar Lowdown’ Campaign Shines Light on Added Sugar Content in Drinks
- Video: Examining the Latino Health Paradox
- Spanish Video: A Latino Family’s Experience with Alzheimer’s
- Video: Sugary Drinks and Latino Kids
- Video: Preventing Obesity in Latino Kids
- 9/20/13: Watch Live Stream of Childhood Obesity Summit With Olympic Figure Skater Michelle Kwan, Researcher Amelie Ramirez, Others
- Be a Star! Share Your Story of Healthy Community Change and We Can Write it Up, Film it
- The Future of Latino Health Care
- Bilingual Video: The Effect of Food Portion Sizes on Health
- Tweetchat 8/23/13: Marketing, Obesity & Latino Kids