VIDEO: Latina TV Star Stands Up to Cancer
Latina TV star Ana Maria Polo, host of the popular Telemundo show Caso Cerrado, will appear in a new public service announcement (PSA) for Stand Up to Cancer, bringing her signature courtroom resolve to the fight against cancer.
Polo, a breast cancer survivor herself, joins a long list of national and international celebrity supporters of the Stand Up to Cancer initiative, which raises awareness and funds for collaborative cancer research.
Watch the video here or below:
- Video: A Latina’s Brave Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Latino Health in Focus: Surviving Cancer, Reducing Obesity
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Webinar 11/12/13: How to Build a Program to Help Latinas Deal with Breast Cancer Issues
- Latina Researcher Wins ‘Health Promotion’ Award
- Report: Racial/Ethnic Disparities Remain in Breast Cancer Rates
- Bilingual Videos: Promoting Prevention, Early Detection of Colorectal and Cervical Cancers in Latinos
- Latino Health in Focus: Cancer, Obesity and More
- Training Opp: Breast Cancer Disparities Research
- Poll: Latinos and Other Minorities Support Clinical Trials, But Participation Remains Low