Video: Innovative Program Helps Children Who Face Severe Emotional, Mental Stressors
Children exposed to severe stressors like maternal depression, domestic violence, extreme poverty, or substance abuse, can suffer damage to their emotional development and mental health.
Child FIRST, an innovative home-visit program in Connecticut, is designed to stabilize families, connect them with social services, and help develop and support nurturing, responsive caregivers.
Watch this Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) video about the program, which features some Latino families.
- Video: Creating a Culture of Health
- Video: Philadelphia Bodegas Add Healthier Foods
- Research: Latino Neighborhoods Badly Need Healthier, Affordable Food Options
- Infographic: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Promotores Help Latino Seniors Manage Diabetes
- Videos: Latino Students Aspire to Health Careers
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School