Video: Innovative Program Helps Children Who Face Severe Emotional, Mental Stressors
Children exposed to severe stressors like maternal depression, domestic violence, extreme poverty, or substance abuse, can suffer damage to their emotional development and mental health.
Child FIRST, an innovative home-visit program in Connecticut, is designed to stabilize families, connect them with social services, and help develop and support nurturing, responsive caregivers.
Watch this Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) video about the program, which features some Latino families.
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- Infographic: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- May 9: Bike to Work Day
- Spanish Videos: Latino Families Can Dance and Have a Healthy Eating Taste Test
- Infographic: Federal Obesity Prevention Efforts Could Save Billions of Dollars Over 75 Years
- Tips from Latino Ex-Smokers
- Video: How Cancer Research Saves Lives