VIDEO: Immigrants Pushing Apples in the Big Apple
In The Apple Pushers, a critically-acclaimed documentary that follows a group of New York immigrants who are eliminating food deserts in their urban communities, filmmakers follow five street vendors who are part of a unique program called the NYC Green Cart Initiative, which deploys pushcart vendors to bring produce to underserved New York neighborhoods, PreventObesity.net reports.
It’s a somewhat typical story for the obesity field, a tale about a public-private partnership working to tackle a local problem through creative means.
The documentary, narrated by actor Edward Norton, also helps viewers get to know the vendors pushing those carts around, telling the touching stories of five immigrants striving to achieve the American dream.
Watch the trailer here or below.
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- Report: ‘Food Stamp Diet’ is Making South Texans Obese, But Leaving Them Hungry
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Online Workshops Offer Info on Many Cancer Topics
- Video: California District Helps Latino Kids Make Healthier Choices at School
- Examining the ‘Latino Health Paradox’
- Find Nutrition/Activity Tips, Healthy Recipes at ‘NotMyKids’ Website
- Report: How Marketers Target the ‘Digital Latino’
- Using In-Store Marketing, Mirrors in Carts to Push Fresh Produce
- Census: Hispanics Most Likely to Go Without Health Insurance