VIDEO: Immigrants Pushing Apples in the Big Apple
In The Apple Pushers, a critically-acclaimed documentary that follows a group of New York immigrants who are eliminating food deserts in their urban communities, filmmakers follow five street vendors who are part of a unique program called the NYC Green Cart Initiative, which deploys pushcart vendors to bring produce to underserved New York neighborhoods, PreventObesity.net reports.
It’s a somewhat typical story for the obesity field, a tale about a public-private partnership working to tackle a local problem through creative means.
The documentary, narrated by actor Edward Norton, also helps viewers get to know the vendors pushing those carts around, telling the touching stories of five immigrants striving to achieve the American dream.
Watch the trailer here or below.
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Profile: The Rise of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the U.S.
- Video: Latino Couple Support Each Other’s Weight-Loss Goals
- Video: Creative Way to Teach Health Education in a Latino School District
- City Invests in Early Education for Latino Children
- Vida Saludable: New Website Helps Latino Families Get Healthy
- Resource: Bilingual Information on Heart Health
- Video: Cancer Facts & Figures for Latinos
- Infographic: 75% of Hispanics Have a Heart-Health Risk Factor
- Video: ‘The Real Bears’ Dramatic Take on Soda Now in Spanish