Video: Changing Determinants of Health to Improve Outcomes
A new video from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services explores the concept known as determinants of health, which are factors that make some people healthy and others unhealthy, in the context of the Healthy People 2020 initiative.
Two examples in this video illustrate determinants of health, as well as interventions which can change determinants of health and lead to a specific health outcome or outcomes. The video then explains the four phases of the intervention life cycle.
- ‘Sugar Lowdown’ Campaign Shines Light on Added Sugar Content in Drinks
- Video: Examining the Latino Health Paradox
- Spanish Video: A Latino Family’s Experience with Alzheimer’s
- Video: Sugary Drinks and Latino Kids
- Video: Preventing Obesity in Latino Kids
- Be a Star! Share Your Story of Healthy Community Change and We Can Write it Up, Film it
- The Future of Latino Health Care
- Bilingual Video: The Effect of Food Portion Sizes on Health
- Research: Latino Kids Are a Top Target of Junk Food Ads
- Video: Healthier Marketing and Latino Kids