Video: Changing Determinants of Health to Improve Outcomes
A new video from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services explores the concept known as determinants of health, which are factors that make some people healthy and others unhealthy, in the context of the Healthy People 2020 initiative.
Two examples in this video illustrate determinants of health, as well as interventions which can change determinants of health and lead to a specific health outcome or outcomes. The video then explains the four phases of the intervention life cycle.
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- May 9: Bike to Work Day
- Spanish Videos: Latino Families Can Dance and Have a Healthy Eating Taste Test
- Tips from Latino Ex-Smokers
- Video: How Cancer Research Saves Lives
- Video: ‘The Greatest Action Movie Ever’
- Healthy School Spotlight: Carroll Bell Elementary School
- Latino TV Producer/Director Puts Spotlight on Health
- Video: What Americans Eat and the Food Supply