VIDEO: ‘Be Fit with Friends’ Uses Texts, Facebook to Get Girl Scouts More Physically Active
From selling cookies and earning merit badges to helping researchers fight obesity, Girl Scouts are testing out a new fitness program called “Be Fit With Friends” that lets them text and even spend time on Facebook to get them to be more physically active.
How does it work?
Read more in an Ivanhoe news report about the “Be Fit With Friends” project, which is led by Dr. Deborah Parra-Medina of the Institute for Health Promotion Research at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, the team behind SaludToday.
- Profile: A Latina’s Upbringing Helps Her Focus on Improving Latino Health, Fitness
- Sandra Acevedo: An Èxito! Grad Working to Prevent Diabetes
- Monica Aguilar: An Èxito! Grad Blazes a Trail to Helping Others
- Lani Alcaraz: An Èxito! Grad Overcoming Hurdles to Higher Education
- Sanae El Ibrahimi: An Èxito! Grad Promoting Health for All, Regardless of Culture
- Latino Health in Focus: Cooking Up Latino Dishes to Fight Cancer
- A New Wave of Salud Heroes for Healthy Change
- Wendy Ramirez: An Èxito! Grad Serving as a Role Model for LGBT Youth
- Margarita Chavez: An Èxito! Grad Using Karate Experience for Public Health
- Aleli Ayala-Marin: An Èxito! Grad Working to Study Health Disparities