VIDEO: ‘Be Fit with Friends’ Uses Texts, Facebook to Get Girl Scouts More Physically Active
From selling cookies and earning merit badges to helping researchers fight obesity, Girl Scouts are testing out a new fitness program called “Be Fit With Friends” that lets them text and even spend time on Facebook to get them to be more physically active.
How does it work?
Read more in an Ivanhoe news report about the “Be Fit With Friends” project, which is led by Dr. Deborah Parra-Medina of the Institute for Health Promotion Research at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, the team behind SaludToday.
- Griselda Rubio: An Èxito! Grad, Vegetarian, Kickboxer…and Advocate for Latino Health
- Who Is the Latina Behind SaludToday?
- #SaludTues Tweetchat 1/27/15: How to Spark A Culture of Fitness & Fun in Latino Communities
- Atenia Ruiz: An Èxito! Grad Overcomes Cancer, Adversity, to Help Others
- Webinar 1/20/15: Managing Stress among Latina Cancer Survivors
- CONTEST! Vote for Your Favorite “Salud Heroes of Play” and Enter to Win a Prize
- Maritza Pulido: An Èxito! Grad Who Advocates for Those Facing Racial/Ethnic Bias
- Christina Olson: An Èxito! Grad Goes from Neuroscience to Public Health
- Happy Holidays from SaludToday!
- Latina Survivors Savor a Decade of Living in Technicolor