Video: A Latino Teen’s Story of Weight Loss
Check out this cool video about Jesse Campos, who weighed 220 pounds at age 9, but was inspired by his pediatrician to lose weight by eating healthier and exercising.
Campos, now 17, is 46 pounds lighter at 174 pounds.
“Not only did I gain self confidence from losing weight, but I also [feel] better physically,” said Campos, who appears in the video produced by Kaiser Permanente.
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Video: Latino Couple Support Each Other’s Weight-Loss Goals
- Video: Creative Way to Teach Health Education in a Latino School District
- City Invests in Early Education for Latino Children
- Vida Saludable: New Website Helps Latino Families Get Healthy
- Resource: Bilingual Information on Heart Health
- Video: Cancer Facts & Figures for Latinos
- Infographic: 75% of Hispanics Have a Heart-Health Risk Factor
- Video: ‘The Real Bears’ Dramatic Take on Soda Now in Spanish
- The Latest Progress in Improving Latino Health