Video: A Latino Teen’s Story of Weight Loss
Check out this cool video about Jesse Campos, who weighed 220 pounds at age 9, but was inspired by his pediatrician to lose weight by eating healthier and exercising.
Campos, now 17, is 46 pounds lighter at 174 pounds.
“Not only did I gain self confidence from losing weight, but I also [feel] better physically,” said Campos, who appears in the video produced by Kaiser Permanente.
- Latinos Urged to Get Flu Vaccine
- Rankings: U.S. Obesity Levels Off; Hawaii, Vermont among Healthiest States
- Study: Hispanic Stressed Parents Most Likely to Have Obese Kids
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- Report: ‘Food Stamp Diet’ is Making South Texans Obese, But Leaving Them Hungry
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Online Workshops Offer Info on Many Cancer Topics
- Video: California District Helps Latino Kids Make Healthier Choices at School
- Examining the ‘Latino Health Paradox’
- Find Nutrition/Activity Tips, Healthy Recipes at ‘NotMyKids’ Website