TV Novela Series Teaches Importance of Safe Medication Use
The ¡Nunca Más! Novela Health Series seeks to educate Latinas and their families about the importance of safe medication use.
The series, launched in October 2011 by the Office of Women’s Health at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, provides consumers and community leaders with access to four video novelas and free health materials about safe medication use, which is vital given that each year thousands of preventable injuries and deaths are caused by improper medication use.
The series follows the lives of main character Lourdes and her family. In each episode, the family faces a problem because they don’t use medicines wisely.
Watch all episodes here. When you watch them, ask yourself: What lessons do Lourdes and her family learn about medication safety? How do they handle the challenges?
- Bilingual Videos: Why Do Latinas Need to Schedule a Mammogram?
- Bilingual Videos: Promoting Prevention, Early Detection of Colorectal and Cervical Cancers in Latinos
- Bilingual Videos: What Medicines Are Safe for Moms-to-Be?
- Study: Latinos Less Likely to Think They’ll Get Cancer
- Bilingual Audio/Video: Reasons Latinos Should Join a Clinical Trial
- Bilingual Videos: Important Preconception Health and Health Care
- Dramatic, Poetry-Infused PSAs Target Diabetes Among Young Minorities
- VIDEOS: ‘No Excuses’ for Not Getting Colorectal Cancer Screening
- PSAs: Childhood Obesity Prevention among Latinos, Minorities
- VIDEO: Hispanics Urged to Get Involved in Their Healthcare and ‘Conoce las Preguntas’