The Latest Advancements in Tackling Latino Child Obesity
- a videonovela teach about diabetes? (Pg 1)
- a non-exerciser become a promoter? (Pg 3)
- activity breaks keep kids fit? (Pg 5)
- new policy tools aid your work? (Pg 6)
Find out in the latest E-newsletter from Salud America!, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) network to prevent obesity among Latino kids.
Also find lots more news, research and funding inside the E-newsletter, and discover the preliminary research results of a quartet of Salud America! grantees working in Latino after-school programs, community recreational centers and more.
Salud America! is funded by RWJF and directed by the Institute for Health Promotion Research at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, which developed SaludToday.
To sign up to receive Salud America! E-newsletters, go here.
- Study: 70% of California Latino Kids Eat Fast Food Regularly
- Study: Toddler Obesity Risk Highest in Hispanics, Native Americans
- Junk Food Marketing’s Contribution to Latino Childhood Obesity
- Latino Health in Focus: Surviving Cancer, Reducing Obesity
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Fast Food Companies Increasingly Target Latino, Black Kids with Marketing for Unhealthy Foods
- Latinos on a Mission to Increase Healthier Lifestyles
- Join a Tweetchat 11/1/13 on Sugary Drinks and Latino Childhood Obesity
- Study: Sugary Drink Consumption on Rise among Hispanic, Black Kids in California
- Report: Obesity Rates Level Off; Still Higher in Hispanics, Blacks