Telenovelas: Are Spanish-Language Soap Operas Good for Your Health?
The latest in Spanish-language soap operas, or telenovelas, are more than just about romance and personal scandal, they’re debuting some very clear messages on health care for Latinos in the U.S., specifically Colorado, PBS Newshour reports.
Watch Are Spanish-Language Soap Operas Good for Your Health? on PBS. See more from PBS NewsHour.
- Here’s How to Help Fight Health Disparities in Your Area (& Get a Scholarship for It!)
- A Candid Conversation About Childhood Obesity with TEDMED
- Bilingual Health Campaign Tackles Sugary Drinks in California
- Latino-Serving Corner Stores Get Healthier in Philadelphia
- New Interactive Website from Bridging the Gap on State Laws for School Snack Foods and Beverages
- Report: More Latinos Move to Long-Term Care Facilities
- Sesame Street Characters to Market Fresh Fruits, Veggies to Kids
- Study Finds Link Between Peanut Consumption and Lower Obesity Rates in Mexican-American Children
- #FoodFri Tweetchat: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Latino TV Producer/Director Puts Spotlight on Health