Posts tagged SBM
Several health organizations are spurring people to create healthy changes in their regions.
In celebration of the recent Food Revolution Day 2012, a global day of action to help fight the obesity epidemic, ChangeLab Solutuions organized a set of policy tools people need to create a Food Revolution in their communities.
- Model policies for healthier vending machines at school
- Toolkits for community kitchens, play space, and more
- Toolkits for fresher foods in schools, such as school gardening programs, farm-to-school programs, etc.
- Model policies for restricting food and beverage advertising in schools
- Know more about federal legislation on new nutrition standards
- Overcome barriers to providing free drinking water in schools
- Learn the importance of the farm bill
Tools can be found here.
The Society for Behavioral Medicine (SBM) also offers a variety so people can hone their advocacy skills. Their recent paper outlines action steps SBM and its members can take to impact health-related public policy, and SBM also offers a variety of policy statements on topics such as childhood obesity and school-based physical activity.