San Antonio Families, Get Ready for Síclovía Oct. 2
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011, Síclovía will open up 2-plus miles along Broadway for biking, running, skating, and just playing in the street and adjacent parks, while redirecting cars elsewhere.
A joint venture by the City of San Antonio and the YMCA, Síclovía is a Communities Putting Prevention to Work initiative to prevent and reduce obesity in our community.
Find out more here.
To volunteer, send your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SaludToday Wins More Web Health Awards for Raising Awareness of Latino Health
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Texas School District Working to Improve Students’ Physical Activity
- Story: How a Latino Family is Eating Healthier
- A Latina Cancer Survivor’s Story: ‘I Smile’
- A Latina Cancer Survivor’s Story: ‘I’m Too Sexy for My Hair’
- Study: Targeting Obesity Control in Latin America and the United States
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Spanish Report: Summit Tackles Problem of Latino Childhood Obesity
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health