San Antonio Families, Get Ready for Síclovía Oct. 2
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011, Síclovía will open up 2-plus miles along Broadway for biking, running, skating, and just playing in the street and adjacent parks, while redirecting cars elsewhere.
A joint venture by the City of San Antonio and the YMCA, Síclovía is a Communities Putting Prevention to Work initiative to prevent and reduce obesity in our community.
Find out more here.
To volunteer, send your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study: Hispanic Stressed Parents Most Likely to Have Obese Kids
- Latina Researcher Spotlights Global Cancer Prevention Research
- Report: ‘Food Stamp Diet’ is Making South Texans Obese, But Leaving Them Hungry
- Latino Health in Focus: Surviving Cancer, Reducing Obesity
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Latina Researcher Wins ‘Health Promotion’ Award
- Bilingual Videos: Why Do Latinas Need to Schedule a Mammogram?
- Find Nutrition/Activity Tips, Healthy Recipes at ‘NotMyKids’ Website
- Study: Play-in-the-Street Event Spurs Healthier Lifestyles in Latino City