San Antonio Event: Tobacco Cessation, Nutrition & Physical Activity on Nov. 12
Be sure to check out a new event, Nursewise: Tobacco Cessation, Nutrition and Physical Activity, at 8 a.m. Nov. 12, 2011, at Courtyard by Marriott in San Antonio, Texas.
The event will initiate discussion on current recommendations and evidence-based techniques for every nurse.
The registration fee is $50 for nurses and $25 for promotores, community health workers and students.
The program is presented by the Nurse Oncology Education Program (find out more here) and made possible by a grant from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
- Latina Researcher Spotlights Global Cancer Prevention Research
- Latino Health in Focus: Surviving Cancer, Reducing Obesity
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Latina Researcher Wins ‘Health Promotion’ Award
- Bilingual Videos: Why Do Latinas Need to Schedule a Mammogram?
- Study: Play-in-the-Street Event Spurs Healthier Lifestyles in Latino City
- Report: Half of Hispanics Kids Will Develop Diabetes
- Mapping the U.S. Latino Population
- How Did a Latino-Majority City Cut Obesity Rates from 35% to 29%?