SaludToday Blog & Twitter Now ‘Award-Winning’ SaludToday Blog & Twitter
Improving Latinos’ health is certainly rewarding enough.
But we’re especially honored today that SaludToday, the Latino health website, blog and social media campaign directed by the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, was recognized by the 14th annual Web Health Awards, which laud honors the nation’s best digital health resources.
SaludToday earned a “silver” award for its blog and a “merit” award for its Twitter feed.
The IHPR also earned a “merit” award for its quarterly E-newsletter, IHPR Noticias, which trumpets the latest advancements in Latino health disparities news and research.
For the Web Health Awards competition, which is held twice yearly, a panel of 32 experts in digital health media served as judges and selected gold, silver, bronze, and merit winners from nearly 600 entries.
“We’re humbled by the recognition of our efforts to heighten the awareness of Latino health issues and promote research and methods to prevent and/or eliminate those issues,” said Dr. Amelie G. Ramirez, who directs the IHPR and its SaludToday campaign. “We’re going to keep pushing the envelope to better all facets of Latino health.”
See the complete list of winners here.
- SaludToday Wins More Web Health Awards for Raising Awareness of Latino Health
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Story: How a Latino Family is Eating Healthier
- A Latina Cancer Survivor’s Story: ‘I Smile’
- A Latina Cancer Survivor’s Story: ‘I’m Too Sexy for My Hair’
- A Latina Cancer Survivor’s Story: ‘My Choice was to Fight’
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Spanish Report: Summit Tackles Problem of Latino Childhood Obesity
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School