Roundup: Latino Research Funding
Check out the latest in funding opportunities related to Latinos:
NIH Award to Promote Diversity in the Scientific Workforce
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is inviting applications for Recovery Act Limited Competition: The NIH Director’s ARRA Funded Pathfinder Award to Promote Diversity in the Scientific Workforce (DP4). This funding opportunity introduces a new research grant program to encourage exceptionally creative individual scientists to develop highly innovative and possibly transforming approaches for promoting diversity in the biomedical, behavioral and other research fields. Letter of intent are due April 5, 2010.
RWJF New Connections Program
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) has issued a call for proposals for New Connections: Increasing Diversity of RWJF Programming. The program aims to expand the diversity of perspectives that inform RWJF programming and introduce new researchers and scholars to the RWJF. The program invites junior investigator scholars from historically disadvantaged and underrepresented communities to address specific questions posed by one of RWJF’s program areas, including childhood obesity. Brief proposals are due April 7, 2010.
Active Living Research Grants
Active Living Research, an RWJF national program, seeks applications for research grants to inform policy and environmental strategies for boosting youths’ physical activity, decreasing their sedentary behaviors and preventing obesity. Applications are due April 14, 2010.
- Video: Creating a Culture of Health
- Video: Philadelphia Bodegas Add Healthier Foods
- Research: Latino Neighborhoods Badly Need Healthier, Affordable Food Options
- Infographic: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Videos: Latino Students Aspire to Health Careers
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids