Mental Health Workforce Shortage More Critical in Minority Communities
Texas’ severe shortage of mental health professionals is compounded by a disparity in diagnosing and treating the state’s rapidly growing Latino and other minority communities, the Texas Tribune reports.
The report indicates that 64% of all psychiatrists were white, 3.5% were black, and 12.4% were Hispanic in 2009.
Watch this captivating video to see more about this issue.
- Video: Philadelphia Bodegas Add Healthier Foods
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Promotores Help Latino Seniors Manage Diabetes
- Videos: Latino Students Aspire to Health Careers
- Study: Fast-Food Chains Near Urban Schools Affect Obesity More among Blacks, Hispanics
- Latino Family Will be Featured in Diabetes Documentary
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- May 9: Bike to Work Day
- Spanish Videos: Latino Families Can Dance and Have a Healthy Eating Taste Test