Latinas, Get Yourself a Life-Saving Gift This Holiday Season
Latinas, here’s a reminder to get yourself a holiday gift that can save your life—your annual mammogram, which can detect breast cancer early, when it’s most treatable.
Watch a true-to-life public service announcement here or below to see why, despite busy lives and a bustling holiday season, Latinas ages 40 and older should set aside time to take care of their own health and get their mammogram:
This PSA is brought to you by Redes En Acción, the national Lation cancer research network, which is funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and based at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio. Please tell us what you think.
- Video: A Latina’s Brave Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Latina Researcher Spotlights Global Cancer Prevention Research
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- Latino Health in Focus: Surviving Cancer, Reducing Obesity
- ‘Breast Friends Forever’: A Unique Support Group for Young Women with Breast Cancer
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Webinar 11/12/13: How to Build a Program to Help Latinas Deal with Breast Cancer Issues
- Latinos on a Mission to Increase Healthier Lifestyles
- Latina Researcher Wins ‘Health Promotion’ Award
- Bilingual Videos: Why Do Latinas Need to Schedule a Mammogram?