Infographic: The Role of Parks & Rec in Promoting Physical Activity
Parks, trails, and recreational facilities provide a wide variety of opportunities for physical activity and can help many Americans lead a more active lifestyle.
A new infographic from Active Living Research, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation national program, highlights evidence that parks and recreation areas can increase physical activity levels while also providing economic benefits to families and communities.
The infographic also shows that 81% of Hispanic communities lack access to recreational facilities.
- Video: Creating a Culture of Health
- Research: Latino Neighborhoods Badly Need Healthier, Affordable Food Options
- Infographic: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Video: Better Food in Latino Neighborhoods
- Texas School District Working to Improve Students’ Physical Activity
- Study: Fast-Food Chains Near Urban Schools Affect Obesity More among Blacks, Hispanics
- Study: Targeting Obesity Control in Latin America and the United States
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids