Infographic: The Role of Parks & Rec in Promoting Physical Activity
Parks, trails, and recreational facilities provide a wide variety of opportunities for physical activity and can help many Americans lead a more active lifestyle.
A new infographic from Active Living Research, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation national program, highlights evidence that parks and recreation areas can increase physical activity levels while also providing economic benefits to families and communities.
The infographic also shows that 81% of Hispanic communities lack access to recreational facilities.
- CPR Training Rates Lower in Poor, Rural, Minority U.S. Communities
- Junk Food Marketing’s Contribution to Latino Childhood Obesity
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Fast Food Companies Increasingly Target Latino, Black Kids with Marketing for Unhealthy Foods
- Latinos on a Mission to Increase Healthier Lifestyles
- Online Workshops Offer Info on Many Cancer Topics
- Research: Latino Kids Consume ‘Above Average’ Amount of Sugary Drinks
- Video: Sugary Drinks and Latino Kids
- Infographic: Sugary Drinks & Latino Kids
- Study: Play-in-the-Street Event Spurs Healthier Lifestyles in Latino City