Funding Opportunities: Latino Cancer Research
Check out these funding opportunities in Latino health disparities and cancer research:
NCI/CRCHD Administrative Supplements
Three new fiscal year 2010 administrative supplement opportunities are available from the National Cancer Institute and the NCI Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD). These opportunities are to: Expand NCI-supported community outreach capacity through community health educators; develop a CHE education/outreach plan; and conduct community-engaged research on HIV/AIDS-related cancers. The application deadline is Aug. 6, 2010.
Understanding and Reducing Health Disparities
Applications are invited for the NIH research grant, Behavioral and Social Science Research on Understanding and Reducing Health Disparities (R01). Purpose of this funding opportunity is to encourage behavioral and social science research on the causes and solutions to health and disabilities disparities in the U.S. population. Emphasis is placed on research in and among three broad areas of action: 1) public policy, 2) health care, and 3) disease/disability prevention. The letter of intent deadline is Aug. 14, 2010.
NIH Director’s Pioneer Awards and New Innovator Awards
The NIH is accepting proposals for 2011 NIH Director’s Pioneer Awards and New Innovator Awards. Both programs are part of the NIH Common Fund and support exceptionally creative scientists who take highly innovative, potentially high-impact approaches to major challenges in biomedical or behavioral research. NIH especially encourages women and members of groups that are underrepresented in NIH research to apply. Pioneer Award application deadline is Sept. 13, and the New Innovator Award deadline is Sept. 20.
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- Bilingual Videos: Why Do Latinas Need to Schedule a Mammogram?
- Webinar on 9/10/13: How to Recruit Minorities into Clinical Studies
- Report: Obesity, Diabetes Are Biggest Health Threats in South Texas
- Training Opp: Breast Cancer Disparities Research
- Spanish Videos: Latino Families Can Dance and Have a Healthy Eating Taste Test
- What Are Health Disparities?
- Video: What Americans Eat and the Food Supply
- Bilingual Audio/Video: Reasons Latinos Should Join a Clinical Trial
- Deadline Extended: Apply for Éxito! Training and Internships by 4/1/13