Funding Opportunities: Childhood Obesity Research
Check out these funding opportunities in childhood obesity research:
People’s Garden School Pilot Program
The USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is making available $1 million for a People’s Garden School Pilot Program to teach students involved in the gardens about agriculture production practices, diet and nutrition, and more. Applications are due November 8, 2010.
Ladder to Leadership
Ladder to Leadership: Developing the Next Generation of Community Health Leaders seeks to help local, early- to mid-career professionals serving vulnerable populations develop leadership skills. The next opening, for Kansas City, Mo., opens October 18 and closes December 17, 2010.
Active Living Research Grants
Active Living Research, an RWJF national program, is seeking proposals for studies of emerging or anticipated changes in physical activity-related policies or environments. Grants are awarded on a rolling basis. Letters of intent may be submitted until July 1, 2011.
Also, here are the Web sites of several other entities that compile a variety of obesity-related research funding opportunities that are currently seeking applications:
RWJF Calls for Proposals
NIH Obesity Grants
NCCOR Obesity Grants
Live Smart Texas
- Report: Becoming an American Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Research: Latino Kids Have High Exposure to Unhealthy Snacks at School
- Video: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- Infographic: Healthier School Snacks & Latino Kids
- Spanish Videos: Latino Families Can Dance and Have a Healthy Eating Taste Test
- Infographic: Federal Obesity Prevention Efforts Could Save Billions of Dollars Over 75 Years
- Videos: The Need for Healthier Foods and Beverages
- Video: What Americans Eat and the Food Supply
- New Rankings: How Healthy is Your County?
- Video: Investing in the Health of Youth in Santa Cruz County, California