Free Mother’s Day Gift for Latina Moms and Moms-to-Be: text4baby
Can’t decide what to get mom for Mother’s Day on May 13, 2012?
Have her sign up for Text4baby, a free bilingual mobile information service that provides pregnant women and new moms with info to help them care for their health and give their babies the best possible start in life.
First, text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411.
Once enrolled, women get free weekly text messages timed to either her due date or baby’s date of birth. Messages were developed by government and non-profit health experts, such as the CDC, and cover nutrition, immunization, and birth defect prevention, among other topics.
Text4baby, an educational program of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB), launched two years and has enrolled about 300,000 subscribers and sent more than 28 million text messages. The program has more than 700 outreach partners including MTV and the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy.
- New Guide: How to Promote Better Health for All
- Video: A Latina’s Brave Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Report: Hispanics Suffer More Diabetes, Work-Related Deaths, and Uncontrolled Blood Pressure
- Latina Researcher Wins ‘Health Promotion’ Award
- Join a Tweetchat 11/1/13 on Sugary Drinks and Latino Childhood Obesity
- Report: Obesity Rates Level Off; Still Higher in Hispanics, Blacks
- Campaign: Drink More Water
- Latino Parents: Remember Vaccines as Kids Return to School
- Bilingual Videos: Latinas Get Healthy Through Dance
- Spanish Resource: Raising Awareness of Diabetes Among Latinos