Fight Cancer from Your iPhone or iPad
The latest guidelines and info for cancer screening, treatment and prevention are right there when you need them in the form of three new apps for the iPhone and/or iPad.
“HPVsearch” allows users to look up facts, vaccines and patient FAQs. With “CanSearch,” find the recommended screening guidelines for the top 25 cancers, including their risk factors, nutrition and chemoprevention stats, and imaging tests. With “CanQuit,” refer to guidelines, info, and resources to help patients quit smoking.
These free apps, from the Texas Medical Association’s Physician Oncology Education Program, are available here from your iPhone or iPad.
- New Spanish-Language Anti-Smoking Website
- Latino Health in Focus: Cancer, Obesity and More
- Study: HPV Vaccine Reduces Teen Infections; But Latino Teens Have Low Vaccine Rates
- New Quit-Smoking Hotline in Spanish
- Latinos, Looking for Help to Quit Smoking? Try This Study
- Story from a Latino: Why I Quit Smoking
- Helping Smokers Quit: Tobacco Cessation Coverage 2011
- VIDEO: Reaching Border-Area Latina Moms and Daughters to Prevent Cervical Cancer
- New Spanish-Language Podcasts on Quitting Smoking, Autism, Healthcare and Asthma
- LIVESTRONG iPad App Helps People Manage, Track Cancer Experience