Apply: Healthy Eating Research Grants
Healthy Eating Research, a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) dedicated to research on environmental and policy strategies with strong potential to promote healthy eating among children to prevent childhood obesity, is seeking proposals or two types of awards aimed at providing key decision-makers with evidence to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic by 2015.
Approximately $1.9 million will be given for the two award types.
Round 7 Grants
- About $1.7 million will be awarded through Round 7.
- Each grant will award up to $170,000 for a maximum funding period of 18 months.
- Concept papers may be submitted at any time until Aug. 9, 2012 (3 p.m. ET).
RWJF New Connections Grants Awarded Through Healthy Eating Research
- These grants are to support the research of new investigators representing populations and communities historically underrepresented in childhood obesity prevention research, including researchers from underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities.
- Up to two RWJF New Connections grants will be awarded through the Healthy Eating Research program in this round of funding.
- Awards will be for 12- to 18-month grants of up to $100,000 each.
- Deadline for receipt of concept papers: May 22, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)
For more info, go here.
- Junk Food Marketing’s Contribution to Latino Childhood Obesity
- Now En Español: 6 Videos on Latino Childhood Obesity Solutions
- Fast Food Companies Increasingly Target Latino, Black Kids with Marketing for Unhealthy Foods
- Latinos on a Mission to Increase Healthier Lifestyles
- Research: Latino Kids Consume ‘Above Average’ Amount of Sugary Drinks
- Video: Sugary Drinks and Latino Kids
- Infographic: Sugary Drinks & Latino Kids
- 9/20/13: Watch Live Stream of Childhood Obesity Summit With Olympic Figure Skater Michelle Kwan, Researcher Amelie Ramirez, Others
- Latino Researcher Works to Improve Children’s Health in a Latino Farm-Worker Community
- Be a Star! Share Your Story of Healthy Community Change and We Can Write it Up, Film it