41% of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion; Higher Rates for Latinos, Blacks
About 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion, and the number is even higher among minorities, according to statistics from the city’s health department, WABC-TV reports.
- Blacks had a 59.8% abortion rate.
- Hispanics had a 41.3% abortion rate.
- Asians had a 22.7% abortion rate.
- And non-Hispanic Whites had a 20.4% abortion rate.
Watch the full TV news report on the new statistics here or below:
- Do You Know What #SaludHeroes Look Like?
- Latinos’ Complicated Struggle against Diabetes
- Racial Bias Diminishes Latinos’ Optimism over Time
- Report: Latinos Primed to Use Technology to Prevent, Manage Diabetes
- Report: Latino Kids Face Increased Sugary Drink Ads
- Survey: Latinos Are Satisfied with U.S. Life, But Not Confident in Nation’s Direction
- Research: Genetics may Play a Part in Hispanic Obesity
- Latino Shoppers to Lead this Year in Online Sales
- How to Support the Growing Number of Latino Farm/Ranch Operators
- Tweet with #SaludTues 10/28/14: What All Latinos Need to Know about Mental Health