41% of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion; Higher Rates for Latinos, Blacks
About 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion, and the number is even higher among minorities, according to statistics from the city’s health department, WABC-TV reports.
- Blacks had a 59.8% abortion rate.
- Hispanics had a 41.3% abortion rate.
- Asians had a 22.7% abortion rate.
- And non-Hispanic Whites had a 20.4% abortion rate.
Watch the full TV news report on the new statistics here or below:
- Getting More Latinos Covered with Health Insurance
- CONTEST! Vote for Your Favorite “Salud Heroes of Play” and Enter to Win a Prize
- Report: Mexico’s Sugary Drink Tax is Working…Can it Work in U.S.?
- Study: Safer, Walkable Neighborhoods May Improve Latinos’ Mental Health
- Do You Know What #SaludHeroes Look Like?
- Latinos’ Complicated Struggle against Diabetes
- Racial Bias Diminishes Latinos’ Optimism over Time
- Report: Latinos Primed to Use Technology to Prevent, Manage Diabetes
- Report: Latino Kids Face Increased Sugary Drink Ads
- Survey: Latinos Are Satisfied with U.S. Life, But Not Confident in Nation’s Direction