41% of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion; Higher Rates for Latinos, Blacks
About 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion, and the number is even higher among minorities, according to statistics from the city’s health department, WABC-TV reports.
- Blacks had a 59.8% abortion rate.
- Hispanics had a 41.3% abortion rate.
- Asians had a 22.7% abortion rate.
- And non-Hispanic Whites had a 20.4% abortion rate.
Watch the full TV news report on the new statistics here or below:
- New Video/Audio ‘Lifelines’ to Help Reduce Cancer among Latino and Other Minority Populations
- Report: Latino, Other Minority Kids Face Uphill Battle for Success
- Why Do Latinos Struggle with Asthma?
- Report: Bleak Picture for Latino, Other Minority Kids in Public Schools
- March of Dimes Creates Pregnancy Health Website for Spanish-speaking Women
- Salud Heroes of the Week: Leaders Bring Farmer’s Market Back to Brownsville, Texas
- Bilingual Health Campaign Tackles Sugary Drinks in California
- New Bilingual App Helps Heart Attack Patients
- Salud Hero of the Week: Physician-Leader Turns Rails to Trails
- Study: ‘Big Soda’ Heavily Influenced Media and Debate in Failed Soda Tax Efforts in California