41% of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion; Higher Rates for Latinos, Blacks
About 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion, and the number is even higher among minorities, according to statistics from the city’s health department, WABC-TV reports.
- Blacks had a 59.8% abortion rate.
- Hispanics had a 41.3% abortion rate.
- Asians had a 22.7% abortion rate.
- And non-Hispanic Whites had a 20.4% abortion rate.
Watch the full TV news report on the new statistics here or below:
- Salud Hero of the Week: Physician-Leader Turns Rails to Trails
- Study: ‘Big Soda’ Heavily Influenced Media and Debate in Failed Soda Tax Efforts in California
- Latinos Account for 22% of All New HIV Infections in U.S.; Testing Urged
- Youth in California Lead Tobacco Regulation Efforts
- Latino-Serving Corner Stores Get Healthier in Philadelphia
- Report: Data Snapshot Reveals how Reading Proficiency Affects Hispanics
- Study: Malnourishment Present in Healthy Weight Latino Children
- Report: Institute of Medicine on Getting 60 Minutes of Activity for Students
- The Head to Toe Health Risks of Prolonged Sitting
- Commentary: Let’s Trim Obesity, Diabetes from Latino Lifestyles