41% of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion; Higher Rates for Latinos, Blacks
About 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion, and the number is even higher among minorities, according to statistics from the city’s health department, WABC-TV reports.
- Blacks had a 59.8% abortion rate.
- Hispanics had a 41.3% abortion rate.
- Asians had a 22.7% abortion rate.
- And non-Hispanic Whites had a 20.4% abortion rate.
Watch the full TV news report on the new statistics here or below:
- A Look at the Future Through Demographics of Kindergarteners
- Infographic: Latinos Suffer More Diabetes, Obesity, Certain Cancers, and Other Conditions
- Study: Many Overweight Children Have Inaccurate Ideas about their Weight
- Local Researcher Wins ‘Making a Different World’ Award
- A Candid Conversation About Childhood Obesity with TEDMED
- San Antonio Researcher Named to U.S. Minority Health Committee
- Study: A Look into Chronic Disease and Hispanics in the U.S.
- How to Tackle Mental Health Issues in Spanish-Speaking Communities
- San Antonio Researcher to Create New Tool to Persuade Latino Men to Get Screened for Colorectal Cancer
- Latino Areas Named Among ‘Culture of Health’ Prize Winners